Nursery & Reception
The children receive a firm foundation to their education through the development of the Early Learning Goals:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Mathematical Development
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development.
With careful observation by staff, children are encouraged to develop at their own level of ability. Personal Profiles are monitored throughout.
An OFSTED Inspector made a routine inspection of the Early Years. The Inspector’s full report is available from the school office. Here are some of her comments:
- St. Catherine’s School provides high quality early years education and children make very good progress towards the early learning goals in all six areas of learning.
- The quality of teaching is very good and often excellent
- Leadership and management is very good.
Partnership with parents is very good. Parents express great satisfaction with the provision and the positive impact it has on their children particularly in the development of their self-confidence, reading, writing and mathematics.
Extra Curricular Activities
Pupils enjoy the opportunity to participate in Art Club, Badminton, Ballet, Chess, Choir, Computing Club, French Club, LAMDA Drama, Mad Science, Netball, Orchestra, Rounders, Swimming, Tennis and Yoga