On 18 September, Year 6 went to Hampton Wick Royal Cricket Club to learn about what to do in emergency situations and how to stay safe.

We took part in nine activities, each with their own lesson. We learnt about what to do in a fire and how fires start. The fireman showed us a lamp which had a blanket placed over it and he told us that if the lamp was left on, a fire could start. He also showed us a phone that had been left on charge under a pillow. We were so shocked at how much damage this could do. We were also shown what to do if you wake up and there is a fire in your house.

Gabriella Stewart Y6C