One of the many outstanding aspects of St Catherine’s is its pastoral care. As teachers, we take great pride in the supportive and respectful relationship we enjoy with our pupils and parents. The girls know that their contribution to the life of the school is important and our emphasis is on developing a culture of care and kindness, which is founded on our Catholic ethos and Gospel values.
The vision of the St Catherine’s community is that, regardless of her individual faith, every child :
- is valued
- is a member of a thriving, happy community
- is inspired to achieve academic excellence
- is given a wide range of opportunities to develop her talents
- is prepared for the challenges of adult life
- is helped to understand and fulfil her responsibilities to self, family and society
Pupils’ achievements, in whatever area of life, are celebrated by the whole of Prep and, through our Prep School Council, pupils’ opinions and ideas are heard and explored. Leadership qualities are developed through specific responsibilities in class and Year 6 pupils perform an invaluable role in different areas of responsibility.
Girls of all faiths and backgrounds participate in our rich spiritual life and are fully involved in prayers, mass and our much-loved seasonal events, including the enchanting nativity play and our beautiful Carol Service.