(This is a summary of information contained in the Special Educational Needs Policy.)

Mrs S-J Hussan – SENCO
Mrs C Macnaughton – Prep SEN Leader

Prospective Parents
For information about arrangements and reasonable provision for pupils with a disability or learning difficulty and enrolment to the school, please contact the Headmistress’s P.A., Mrs A Faulkner

The Department
The learning support department aims to support both prep and senior pupils who, while able to access the school curriculum, may need extra help due to a specific learning difficulty or a lack of confidence in a particular aspect of their work.

Pupil Screening
Upon entry to the school, prep and senior pupils are screened to ascertain their current level of attainment. Pupils requiring further assessment and intervention are referred to the Learning Support Department, usually after consultation with parents and teachers, and every effort is made to ensure that all pupils are sufficiently supported throughout their school career. Baseline tests are also used to provide information on learning needs.

Specialist support is available for pupils who need this provision, and the school makes an additional charge for 1:1 support (45 minute sessions). Most support lessons take place in the Learning Support room, Prep Library and Senior Library.

Study Skills support is offered as part of the PSHE programme, at Key Stage 4 as a subject option, and as part of the Sixth Form General Studies programme.

Examination Access Arrangements
Exam Access Arrangements are governed by the exam regulatory body, JCQ who set the eligibility criteria for all pupils. In order for an application for Exam Access Arrangements to be made, pupils must have an Educational Psychologist/Specialist Assessors report with standard test scores that meet the JCQ requirements for each arrangement. For GCSE and A Level examinations these tests must be carried out no earlier than Year 9. Tests can be organised through school with our in-school assessor or through an Independent Educational Psychologist.